The ISTA procedures offered by our testing laboratory are as follows:
Series 1 ISTA: Comparative Performance Test - Tests the strength and robustness of the product-packaging system. These protocols are not intended to simulate environmental constraints. They are perfect for preliminary testing to compare multiple solutions.
- ISTA 1A: Product-packaging system weighing less than 68 kg.
- ISTA 1B: Product-packaging system weighing more than 68 kg.
- ISTA 1C: Comprehensive program for individual product-packaging systems weighing up to 68 kg.
- ISTA 1D: Comprehensive program for individual product-packaging systems weighing at least 68 kg.
- ISTA 1E: Unitized Load.
- ISTA 1G: Random Vibration Test for product-packaging systems weighing less than 68 kg.
- ISTA 1H: Random Vibration Test for product-packaging systems weighing more than 68 kg.
Series 2 ISTA: Partial simulation performance tests - Tests with at least one element from Series 3, such as climate conditioning or additional random vibration profiles, in addition to the simple tests of Series 1.
- ISTA 2A: Product-packaging system weighing less than 68 kg.
- ISTA 2B: Product-packaging system weighing more than 68 kg.
- ISTA 2C: Furniture Packaging.
- ISTA 2D: Flat Product-packaging system.
- ISTA 2E: Long Product-packaging system.
Series 3 ISTA: Simulation performance tests - Designed to allow laboratory simulation of mechanical stresses during transportation. Wide application range: various types of vehicles, road conditions, and even multiple handling scenarios. These protocols include random vibration profiles, different drop heights applied to the sample, and/or tropical (hot and humid) humidity and temperature conditions, or low-temperature conditions.
- ISTA 3A: Courier delivery of standard-sized, small, flat, and elongated product-packaging systems weighing less than 70 kg.
- ISTA 3B: Less than truckload (LTL) delivery by courier-type truck.
- ISTA 3E: Homogeneous product pallet.
- ISTA 3F: Packaging for transportation between distribution centers and distributors.
- ISTA 3K
- ISTA 3L
Series 4 ISTA: Enhanced Simulation Performance Tests - Designed to closely resemble the actual logistics circuit and adapt the testing procedure based on the distribution model defined by the user.
Series 6 ISTA: Performance tests proposed by ISTA members.
Test protocols created by ISTA members to meet their specific objectives and applications. The tests can be entirely original or modifications or variants of existing ISTA procedures or projects. ISTA reviews and approves these tests, but the primary responsibility lies with the initiating members.
- ISTA 6 AMAZON SIOC, Ships in Own Container (SIOC) for Amazon.com Distribution System Shipment
- ISTA 6 AMAZON Over Boxing (OB), e-Commerce Fulfillment for Parcel Delivery Shipment
- ISTA 6 SAMSCLUB, Packaged-Products for Sam's Club® Distribution System Shipment
- ISTA 6 FEDEX-A: FedEx Procedures for Testing Packaged Products Weighing Up to 150 lbs.
- ISTA 6 FEDEX-B: FedEx Procedures for Testing Packaged Products Weighing Over 150 lbs.
Series 7 ISTA: Thermal Performance Tests